Friday, May 25, 2012

Sally Hansen Nail Prisms South Sea Pearl

Good morning!!  I've got a four day weekend and I woke up at my regular work time right out of the gate, but that's okay, because it's a lovely excuse to take a nap later.  Sometimes, there is nothing tastier than a midday nap. 
I thought I'd play around with another Sally Hansen Nail Prism, one that I've been kind of putting off on account of my experience with White Diamond.  This one is South Sea Pearl, one I was really excited about when I first ordered it.  I love the idea of a natural, pearlescent look on my nails, but the sheerness and difficulty of White Diamond drained my excitement for the lighter Prisms, and I figured they were all basically glorified topcoats.  South Sea Pearl is a slightly different character, though.

 

This one is very sheer, as well.  All but the holos in this collection have been, thus far, and I don't know if it's a matter of pigmentation and technology, or if true pearl finishes are just going to be incredibly sheer by nature.  I used three coats here, and honestly, I was pretty happy with it.  It's got a subtle pink, yellow, and pale green shift to it and gives my nails a lovely pearly sheen.  I almost kept it like this, but I really wanted to see it over a white base.


 I wasn't disappointed!  I used two coats of SH Xtreme Wear White On (another thick, gloppy Xtreme Wear, which seals the deal on my not buying any more from that particular line) and one coat of South Sea Pearl, and now I've got beautiful jewels on my fingers.  I love this look, and I think it would be amazing as a summer pedicure. 



South Sea Pearl takes a wickedly slow amount of time to dry, even with one coat under Out the Door, and is also the worst smelling Prism I've encountered (helloooo, Big 3!).  It is still a glorified topcoat, but a gorgeous one, and totally worth it, if you can find it. 
Have a terrific Friday, and thank you for reading! :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love it over the white base. It's so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, too! I'm so glad I decided to redo it.

      Delete
  2. I meant to comment on this yesterday - I love how this looks layered over the white! To me, it actually looks like a South Sea Pearl-- awesome! Very pretty delicate, you're right, this would look amazing as a pedicure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it? I'm so pleased with how it turned out.

      Delete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...